11.10.2012

THREADS - CARAMEL & TEDDY BEAR

I'm excited to post this outfit post today, for a number of reasons... The biggest one being that I was even able to do something extracurricular like take photos of my outfit today.  My days have been spent doing nothing but sitting in this computer chair, editing and working on the collective.  Im not even joking.  The breaks I have taken are for eating and peeing, with the occasional 'freak out' I have do to something else before I go insane

After going to bed last night almost in tears... I got a migraine in the middle of the night.  Not really to my surprise b/c its almost my moontime, which migraines come with the territory for me.  But then I woke up this morning still with it, and then... my computer would not turn on.  I tried for a few hours to get it to turn on, and I was convinced it was fried.  (insert total freak out crying melt down).  Yep, that was me this morning.  Luckily, I have a husband with magic fingers, and when he got home from work, he pressed the button and it turned on without a problem for him.  Figures.  So after a big sigh of relief, I got to work.

BUT, I had a few hours in between!!!  So, I actually took a shower, fixed my hair, put on makeup and got dressed!  (something that hasn't happened all week, which can start to make a girl feel like blah).  I needed to take photos of James new shirts for Skyline Fever, so I did that.  I swept my house (gasping at how dirty it was) and cleaned my kitchen.  Then I took my photos!  This was one of the most transitional outfits ever.  I lounged around the house in these leggings and long tee, and then just put on shoes and a jacket to go out and it turned it into a great outfit!  I will be planning more wardrobe pieces like this.  Way too easy.  Then once my computer was on again, I edited tons of photos of new jewelry for the shop, along with other many other photos.  So what began as a meltdown morning, ended up being a very productive day in other ways.  And I must say, it felt pretty darn good to feel clean and pretty after this week. 

outfits details:  headband - nanoukiko // jacket c/o  sheinside // shirt - handmade by me // leggings - f21 // boots c/o blowfish shoes

post signature
 
Share

23 comments:

  1. Love that headscarf on you!!


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that turban!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, so pretty! I love that your turban matches your pants!

    I'm going through some computer issues right now as well. As well as my favorite game, which is how I relax, which won't start. X.X Oh well, got fed up and took a nighttime shower, Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every one of these pieces, I want. And they all look so good together! You're awesome.
    P.s. I'm going through the same thing so this weekend, I'm making everyone in our household go out. I can't take it anymore.

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this outfit! That jacket is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this outfit, Laura! So much fun, and it looks really cozy. I could really use a good long t-shirt like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours suit you beautifully! Gorgeous outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, that headband! those boots! LOVE and as always - love your HONESTY. xo from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is very cool & you are gorgeous!
    I hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these pics are so pretty! love your teddy bear top :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. OBSESSED with the leggings, jacket and headband like WOAH.
    I hope this little break time gave you a new sense of peace and a reminder that all things must come to an end and new seasons always begin again. You can finish up everything for the bohemian collective for winter and your spirit with fly!
    xo moorea

    ReplyDelete
  12. laura, you look great! :) it sounds like the computer glitch provided you with a much needed break. maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg! sounds stressful... i'm glad you got to take a break!! and i absolutely love your teddy bear shirt, i've been thinking of altering a sweatshirt by putting an animal on it so this is really inspirational!!

    mackenzie
    www.birdfriend.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this outfit, especially the bear. I mean how cute, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so stunning! i am obsessed with aztec prints and you legging is the bawmb!


    xoxo, Style Diaries a Lifestyle Blog

    FOLLOW: BLOGLOVIN / TWITTER / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great, love your leggings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. For being so busy you sure do look put together! :) Love that sweater and head wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your entire outfit, it's perfection, in my opinion. :) I've been trying to figure out what animal silhouette and style to revamp a couple old sweaters and I think I may do a version of yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Props to you for turning the day around. I think that alone should make you feel like a million bucks, because you changed it instead of wallowing in it.

    AND, you looking freaking cute when it was all done. That shirt is amazing. I was secretly hoping it was a new Skyline Fever shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for all your hard work you beautiful BABE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really looking awesome in that outfit! you can find a great collection of hooded fleece jackets in variety of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!