9.02.2011

The Blue Velvet Dress

A little peek into my closet.  As if I dont have enough clothes already???  (this is just one corner of the closet.  Im the kind of girl that has kept certain clothes since I was 15.  Ive just recently been allowing myself to really clean out my closets and weed out the old to make room for the new.  One reason why I had my virtual yard sale a little while back.  And I may just have another one! 
So... yesterday Red Velvet launched their new dress line!  I remember last seasons line sold out so fast and at the time I was in no position to be buying a dress.  And Im really not now either, but I caved and splurged on this beauty below.  I could not choose between this one and the orange one, but I finally went with the blue b/c it reminds me of a pair of blue velvet pants I had when I was younger that my mom loved.  And I have NOTHING blue in my closet, not a color I normally like.  But in this velvet it is sooo dreamy.  I was frantic trying to decide whether or not I could even purchase it.  I knew these dresses would be gone soon and they are not remaking them.  And these are NOT dresses you will find on ebay a few months from now at half price.  No way.  I figure I will just have to work extra hard next week to make up for it!  And now I have a super special dress to wear on a date.  Wait whats a date?  I forgot.  Ill find somewhere to wear it!  I just wish my mom could see me in it, she would be over the moon.


Thank you Elsie and Mallory for making such beauties!!!  Im so excited!

PEACE,
Laura

12 comments:

  1. pretty :) just have another virtual yard sale and you will make your money back! plus i wish i could totally raid your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha your closet looks much like mine!

    I was freaking out a little bit because the Red Velvet dresses went on sale and my paycheck had not yet come in! I slept a bit on Elsie's last launch, and then actually had a chance to go to Red Velvet in MO...and was so pleased with everything I tried on!

    I am a new reader by the way, beautiful blog.
    xoh!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue! Very dreamy indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got this dress. I am IN LOVE with it. It's just so pretty, and I'm super excited to see how you dress it.

    And I do the exact same thing with my closet. It's only recently that I've been slowly donating things, because that 'if you haven't worn it in a year' rule doesn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your dress decision is perfect! I can't wait to see you in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't WAIT to see you in that dress, you'll look gorgeous! I got the Flower Shop dress and I'm so so so excited I snagged one before it sold out!! Although, I might need to get a velvet one, too, if they still have them - they're just too pretty! ;)

    My closet looks horrendous right now, it's on the verge of exploding. Yikes. My mission this weekend is to clean it out and get rid of things. I'm just so sentimental, it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kelly ann, have a virtual garage sale!!! that way i can steal half your wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laura, I did the same thing with RV's last line and missed out. I'm still umming and ahhing over the beautiful dresses and will probably miss out again. You've inspired me to just get one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! A girl ALWAYS needs a pretty dress. :) Excellent choice on the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just laughing to myself last night that I had a few items in my closet that I've owned since I was about 15. I try to get rid of things I don't wear anymore each time I do some shopping. I put them on an on-going virtual sale/swap that I set up a page for my local Richmond, VA people a while back and haven't had much time for lately. http://cookiesclosetrva.blogspot.com (I guess I could probably ship things too)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!