1.05.2011

Closet &Jewelry Display Re-Vamp

A few days ago I got in a new year's cleaning mood, and completely re-organized all of the clothes in my closet, and my jewelry display... a much needed cleanout.  I pulled out all of the clothes in my closet that I dont wear very often, but just cant seem to let go of, and put them all into large plastic tubs at the bottom of my closet, so I can still get to them easily.  And I even packed away all of my vintage purses, which makes me a bit sad, but my house is so cluttered, I desperately need to start cleaning up in ALL areas.  I have way too much stuff for our tiny house!

While I was organizing all of the clothes in my closet, I was so inspired by seeing all of the beautiful textiles together.  My closet is so full of pretty fabrics, I just love it!  So different from my *almost* all black wardrobe in high school.

And my jewelry display was so in need of a re-vamp.  It pretty much looks similar to the way I had it before, just updated with the jewelry that I actually wear all of the time.  I packed away all of the stuff that had been up there for years and not really touched.  I love how simple changes like this can make things feel so fresh in your home.  The main jewelry display is part of an old piano.  It had four large square holes in it, and I backed it with pretty scrapbook paper.  I just love it for hanging my jewelry on!
Now all of the jewelry displayed is things I wear on a daily basis, along with a few pieces that are just super special to me, which are the ones on the purple and blue board hanging from the oversized skeleton key.  It includes the first necklace James bought me, a little owl necklace that was thrifted in austin during our honeymoon, the necklace I bought for my wedding day (although it was not worn), and a handmade trinket necklace that is full of my mother's sentimental things.  I love having my pretties out wear I can see them everyday!

How do you display your jewelry?

PEACE,
Laura

18 comments:

  1. So so beautiful! I have been looking for a way to display my jewelry and this is great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an antique secretary for my jewelry display- using several of my favorite antique dishes to actually place the jewelry in. Interestingly, I am working or reworking my display for the new year, as well. It is a good time to clean up and clean out- opens us up for new opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE!! It looks wonderful! All your colorful clothes are so pretty & I love your new jewelry display! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a reorganisation, I think it allows you to clear head space, and offers up more ideas for being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love doing some reorganizing it feels so good and you did a great job!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking beautiful! I'm in the middle of cleaning and reorganizing our house. It's pretty tiny and 5 peoples stuff is way too much!!

    Also, I love the painting in the middle on the fourth photo - is it one of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polly, that painting is made of all glitter, done by a friend of mine, she does amazing work! The other two paintings were done by another friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stumbled upon your pretty little blog! loving your style and jewelry display.. love organizing life for a fresh start to a great new year! cheers :)

    www.missmakesalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! I love all the colors in your wardrobe! So pretty!
    This is inspiring me to revamp my closet now:) I need to in a very bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw I can see my hair clip! That makes me happy! :) I display my jewellery in bowls and hanging too, it's nice to be surrounded by pretty things :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I found an old rusty counter display (possibly for ties?) at an estate sale last year, cleaned it up, and hung my necklaces on it. I was amazed at how beautiful it looked. This post definitely inspired me to organized/redecorate my my other jewelry items.

    xo
    melissa from bubby & bean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah. Laura!! This looks beautiful. Way to make us all jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness girl your closet is so cute! I'm loving all of this. And I think your jewelery display is JUST perfect! Your room has such a cool "Anthropology" feel to it, magical! I'm a new follower!
    Kiss
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so beautiful! i think i recognize some wrist warmers in there...haha :-) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love, love everything about your place. it's exactly what I would have pictured for you. swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have the most beautiful jewelry collection, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you're jewelry looks great. I'm so jealous because I have to organize mine. I have a small jewelry box right now (limited space) that I proudly picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the owl necklace in the last picture. I have a similar one. Your photos are always so inspiring! You make me want to go home and clean/organize! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!