3.27.2010

Major Photo Update :)

So, this is a very random post to update on a few different things. I will be out almost all weekend so I thought Id do some catching up on here first!

First I wanted to give a shout out to my friends who have sent me images of themselves wearing something from Violet Bella! So if you are reading this, and you yourself own something of mine, send me a pic! Im creating a notebook collection for myself to keep throughout the years!!!

First up is the amazingly beautiful Shauna from Poor Pitiful Pearl, whos clothing I just adore, I have 3 shirts now and hope to expand that throughout the years! In the photo below she is wearing a Violet Bella headband, the rest of her amazing outfit is all her own creation for PPP, isnt is just darling??? I think her and I have some of the same threads sewn throughout our souls.

Find her awesome shop here:
And be on the lookout this weekend, on sunday she is posting her new 'flip flop socks', they are so cute!!!

This lovely lady is a bit Violet Bella obsessed, ha ha! She is so awesome and I just love her to pieces!!! She is an amazing photographer and a super great momma to the most adorable little girl. Everytime she gets something from Violet Bella she photographs herself in it, and I just love it! And she does really cool things, I mean check out this black and white diptych she did with her new photo necklace, its just like the photo in the necklace!!!
This is just 2 of many!!! I think these two are my favorites so far, I just love what she did with this one below. She is wearing Isabel, her teddy bear shirt she got from me. I love the fun playful outfit she put together with it!!! I love that she is not afraid to just be herself :)

check out her fun blog here to see adorable family life photos:

And this beautiful girl is Jamie, the newest Violet Bella fan, and I am growing to just love her. She has a beautiful soul, and is aspiring to be a photographer herself. I cannot wait to see what she comes out with, she has an eye for it! She loves to play dress up just like I do! She will be opening up a new etsy shop soon with her art, and vintage clothing and home goodies, so Ill keep you posted on that!

In this photo she is wearing a Violet Bella skirt :)
_________________________

Update Part II:

a few more photos from Breann's senior portrait shoot. again, is she not the prettiest thing???
i just had fun playing with this one :)

I titled it "He Loves me, He loves me not"

you can find it in my new flickr stream that I am slowly updating:

_______________________

Update Part III:

A few new clothes to the collection. I really think the universe is telling me I need to sew more. Do you ever get that feeling with anything??? Just this week my collection just about doubles of great linens and stuff to work with. Between 2 friends sending me goodies, finding a tremendous granny square stash at our local thrift shop, and a family member sending me the biggest box of really great vintage embroidered linens. I am so fired up now to create some truly breathtaking pieces!!!

In this photo you see my screen printed birdie shirt. This collar is my favorite, I want to put it on everything :) The shorts were from Katelyn in the box she sent me. I am keeping them for myself! But will be making more for the shop :)
a cute upcycled dress :)
my first pillow case dress! the lovely Jamie is now the proud owner of this cutie!
Pillow case top, thanks Meg, this one is yours! And the patchwork skirt is up in the shop, but you must be tiny!
Bigger pic of the pillow case top. See that rad vintage 3 wheel bike in the background???
Granny square tank, I fell in love with this. I want to make more in this style, so cute!
________________________

Update Part IV:

and now for some new jewels in the shop!!!




"Best Friends" necklaces!!!
Today on the agenda:

drive to Ingram to collect all of my art from the coffee shop (45 mins away)

drive to Boerne to change rent lease (1 hour from Ingram)

drive to San Antonio to shop (another 1/2 hour away)

drive home (1 hour)

mow, rake, clean yard and dog pin

omg, doesnt look like a long list, but it is going to be one looooonnnngggg day!!!

Then tomorrow, we go to the art museum in SA with my dad!!!

________________________

{i had the loveliest time last night at the wine bar with my friend Renea from Penny threads, we have big plans of collaboration coming for this year, *excited*, but not telling!!!}

Big Love to all of you lovely friends on here!!!

PEACE,
Laura

15 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love all of your stuff!! You are so creative! Great Work!!! I am hoping one day to own something of yours. Stay safe while you run all over TX! ;) I have been itching to sew a lot lately as well!! That is my goal for the week is to sew sew sew!! I am making my daughters easter dress. I bought a adult womans dress from goodwill that I am working with!! So excited! Have a great weekend and enjoy your time with your dad!! We are spending the evening with my dad and I am thrilled!!!
    <3
    Kjirsten
    http://sewgraciouslyblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till the day I own a PPP original. Some day soon! What a great blog. I am so glad you are enjoying your box of goodies and sewing lately. You do amazing things. Can't wait to see your collaboration with Renea! That will be so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you and Renea are up to!!! I love everything in this post soooo very much!!! I wore the heart necklace you sent me yesterday. I wear your necklaces A LOT actually. I was thinking yesterday "I always feel happier when I'm wearing one of Laura's creations". =) True story.
    Big, big things are on your horizon. I can feel it. Happy day to you, sweetie!!!! Much love and big hugs!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree, shout-outs are awesome!!
    Heh! I love that idea of a virtual workplace!! So many different people wearing Violet Bella, all are beautiful!! I think it's time to get me some cute earrings :)

    Love these new whisperings of new sewing creations! and a collaboration?? So excited!!

    Have an awesome weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome are these pics and this post! What a great trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the granny square tank top! Your photos are so beautiful! Good luck on your busy day.. and drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Your designs are beautiful and soo creative! I'm definitely visiting your shop! :)

    I wanted to tell you that I passed on the Beautiful Blogger award to you. Your blog really is beautiful! :)

    http://marci-itsalwayssomething.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shauna- i couldnt agree more, i have made some of the best friends on here! its opened up my otherwise very small town world to others who are my age and into the same things, its awesome! i cant wait to meet you!!! i think Renea from Pennythreads might come along or come over to meet you to, she loves your work as well! someday, we need to get us all together!!!

    Kjirsten- thanks so much! good luck with our sewing adventures! and thanks for the well wishes! cute that you are making your little girls easter dress!!!

    Katelyn- thanks! i am loving everything!!!

    Jamie- so glad you are loving your necklaces!!! the key one you picked out was so perfect for you i thought! so happy to hear this, love you!

    Betsy- thank you!!! i would love for you to have Violet Bella earrings! oh, and i think of you every day in the shower, he he!

    Cat- thanks!!!

    Rachel- thanks, and we are home safely :)

    Marci- thank you so much, that is soooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!!! I just LOVE your clothing! You have the most impeccable taste! So gorgeous and earthy. I just love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, i love it all! I am so happy that you used some of the goodies I sent you, and that pillow case shirt is beautiful!! I am going to have to take you up on your offer via email, I have had my eye on "Morningtime" for awhile now!! Have a wonderful day!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle- thank you so much, you are sooo sweet :)

    Meg- yes, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you are always amazing me! I wish you lived right down the street so I could take advantage of your awesome personality and creativity! You r-o-c-k. Can't say it enough ;o)

    ................
    love + luck + bliss,
    missysue xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my! the photos are amazing, but the fifth one is so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the skirt and the granny square tank!
    love love love!
    you are amazing!
    xo
    brandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!